Get your free copy of the ebook
It’s not the size of the data — it’s the time it takes to process. You do not need petabytes of data to have a big data problem. A better name might be “big enough data”. Any process running more than 8 hours can be done in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost using Hadoop technology.
Despite the press and boardroom discussion, most companies have not yet adopted big data technology. When considering big data, every business leader has the same basic questions.
- Do I actually have big data?
- What strategic advantage will I gain?
- Where do I start?
- What hardware and software is needed?
- What sort of team needs to be assembled?
- What are reasonable timelines and objectives?
Our purpose here is to answer these questions and provide business leaders with a basic game plan for the first 360 days of adopting big data technology.